--Work to Begin--
HRSD, your regional wastewater treatment utility, is undertaking a project to repair an underground sanitary sewer pipe along Orcutt Avenue between Paul Street and 72nd Street. This work should take place primarily between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Due to the nature of construction, work is weather and situation dependent, and dates are subject to change.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Beginning July 22, HRSD’s contractor will begin work.
- When possible, this work will be between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to minimize impacts during construction.
- Sewage that flows to the HRSD Pumping Station on Orcutt Avenue between Paul Street and 72nd Street will temporarily be pumped along Orcutt Avenue via bypass pipes.
- A section of road will be closed to through traffic, and a detour will be in place. Access to driveways will be available.
- All of the work is expected to be completed within 3-4 weeks.
- This work should not affect your water or sewer services.
This project will use Cured-In-Place-Pipe (CIPP) to improve the reliability of the pipe with a strong liner inserted into the pipe being repaired and cured with heated specialty resins. During the installation process, you may notice a plastic, chemical odor from the resins in the liner that is installed into the sewer. This odor will quickly dissipate once the installation process is complete.
While our project team works diligently to minimize impacts, you may notice increased noise, traffic, work crews and equipment (with back-up safety alarms) entering and exiting the site associated with this work. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your safety, do not enter the site.
Thank you for your support of this effort to help achieve HRSD's vision:
Future generations will inherit clean waterways and be able to keep them clean.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact: