HRSD maintains this website as a public service to provide information about HRSD, including community involvement, ongoing and completed projects, job opportunities and customer interactions. When appropriate, the website may be used to facilitate the delivery of direct services provided by HRSD.
IP Addresses & Cookies
Certain information will be automatically recorded during your use of the HRSD website. This information includes:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the parts of the HRSD website you visit, the type of web browser you used, and the dates and times of your visits. HRSD reserves the right to keep this information for systems administration and security purposes as needed.
- A small piece of data, a “cookie”, stored on your computer about your session. This is to better facilitate your access and use of the HRSD website. Our cookies do not contain personally identifiable information and you may manage cookie preferences in your browser settings, or delete these small files as preferred.
Collection of Customer Information
The primary reason HRSD collects and maintains customer information is to provide services to our customers. We do not collect personal customer information unless it has been provided. Information collected by HRSD can be:
- Customer information that has been voluntarily supplied.
- Information gathered as a result of automatic data collection technologies from other organizations. HRSD is not responsible for any information gathered from these organizations.
External websites are not under the control of or maintained by HRSD. HRSD is not responsible for the content of external websites, or for any links that the external websites may contain. Inclusion of external links does not constitute an endorsement or promotion by HRSD.
HRSD encourages individuals to review the privacy policies of these external websites when accessing and/or supplying information to them.
The security of the information you provide to HRSD is important to us. HRSD maintains safeguards designed to protect Customer Information from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Although HRSD believes these safeguards are appropriate, no method of storing or transmitting information over the Internet is completely secure. HRSD cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted to our website.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. In using certain services offered on our website, you may be assigned a user ID and choose a password. You are solely responsible for:
- Maintaining the confidentiality of your user ID and password.
- All activities that occur under your user ID and password. HRSD suggests that you do not share your password with anyone.
- Immediately notifying HRSD of any unauthorized use of your user ID, password or Customer Information, or any other breach of security regarding the website of which you are aware.
HRSD will not be liable for any loss arising from failing to comply with these security requirements and you agree to hold HRSD harmless from any and all losses that arise from any such failure to comply.
The Virginia Freedom of Information Act
The Virginia Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) guarantees citizens of the Commonwealth and representatives of the media access to public records held by public bodies, public officials, and public employees.
HRSD does not reveal specific information about users or release other personally identifiable data to third parties, except if required to do so by the FOIA or other law.
Geospatial Information Systems Data
Any Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) data maintained and/or received by HRSD is provided “as is”. HRSD is not liable for any incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the data.
HRSD may collect and store information for statistical purposes, such as counting the number of users to different sections of the website or reviewing how web traffic is dispersed through the website.
The text, logos and images on this website are protected under the Trademark and Copyright laws of the United States, as well as other countries. Any downloading, reproduction or further distribution of any original material appearing on this website without prior written permission of HRSD is strictly prohibited.
Notification of Changes
Acceptance of Terms
If you have any comments or concerns about your privacy on the HRSD website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.