-- Final Phase of Sewer System Replacement Work --
HRSD, your regional wastewater treatment utility, nears completion of a multiyear project to
replace the aged sewer pipelines within the Rivermont neighborhood and pumping station
located on Center Avenue. HRSD recently completed the construction of a new pumping
station allowing for the decommissioning and removal of the older station allowing the
remaining pipeline replacement and vault installation work to begin.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Work will beginning May 7 within the public right of way or HRSD easement.
- This work should take place primarily between the hours of 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- You may be asked to minimize or refrain from heavy use of water systems (dishwasher or washing machine) during specific connection work. You will be notified if this is needed and it would be a temporary request.
- Parking and usage along the Center Avenue feeder road will be limited during this work.
- This work is anticipated to be completed in June 2018.
While our project team works diligently to minimize impacts, you may notice increased
noise, traffic and the crews and heavy equipment (with back-up safety alarms) associated
with construction. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your
safety, do not enter the site.
Due to the nature of construction, work is weather and situation dependent and dates are
subject to change. Please visit the project’s website page,for updates.
Thank you for your support of this effort to help achieve HRSD’s vision:
Future generations will inherit clean waterways and are able to keep them clean.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact:
Karen C. Russo-Scarano