--Temporary Bypass Removal and Restoration Work Continues--
HRSD suffered a major line break of a primary force main on 16th Street in Newport News in early 2021. Installation of the permanent pipeline along 16th Street between Jeb’s Place and Monitor Merrimac Overlook Park, including the installation underneath Salter’s Creek, has been completed. Removal of the temporary bypass pipeline from Monitor Merrimac Overlook Park to Anderson Park is beginning as well and is anticipated to be completed in September. Restoration efforts to include planting grass seed and landscape cleanup are underway. Work should take place primarily between the hours of 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday – Friday.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The removal of the temporary aboveground bypass pipeline is in progress and should be completed in September.
- This work should not affect your water or sewer services.
- Please be aware and do not park in the work area.
- The bypass removal and final restoration of the emergency repair is anticipated to be completed by late Summer 2021.
- Remaining project work for sewer pipe installation will continue along 16th Street and near the intersections of Roanoke Ave, Rolfe Place, and Marshall Avenue.
While our project team works diligently to minimize impacts, you may notice increased noise, traffic, and the use of heavy equipment (with back-up safety alarms) associated with construction. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your safety, do not enter the site.
Due to the nature of construction, work is weather and situation dependent and dates are subject to change. For more information, please visit the project’s web page, www.hrsd.com/15th-and-16th-streets-sewer-replacement
Thank you for your support of this effort to help achieve HRSD's vision:
Future generations will inherit clean waterways and be able to keep them clean.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact: