-- Night Work To Begin --
HRSD, your regional wastewater treatment utility, continues work to replace a sanitary sewer pipeline along Warwick Boulevard from Thorncliff to Lucas Creek Road. This work should take place primarily between the hours of 9 p.m. to 6 a.m., Monday - Friday, to minimize traffic disruptions as requested by the City of Newport News.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- In the upcoming week, pipe installation work will begin in the vicinity of your home or business.
- This work will take place through the overnight hours and predominately in the center median of Warwick Boulevard.
- Be aware, traffic patterns will shift throughout this project and may be reduced to one lane in each direction.
- This work should not affect your water or sewer services and is weather and situation dependent.
- This work is anticipated to be completed fall 2018.
While our project team works diligently to minimize impacts, you may notice increased noise, lights used at night, traffic, crews, and heavy equipment (with back-up safety alarms) associated with construction. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your safety, do not enter the site.
Due to the nature of construction, work is weather and situation dependent and dates are subject to change. Please visit the project’s website page, www.hrsd.com/warwick-boulevard for updates.
Thank you for your support of this effort to help achieve HRSD’s vision:
Future generations will inherit clean waterways and be able to keep them clean.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact:
(757) 833-7432 (day hours)
(757) 777-6588 (overnight hours)