-- Utility Work to Begin near Chesopeian Colony on November 15, 2020 --
HRSD, your regional wastewater treatment utility, continues work in your area. The Virginia Beach Boulevard Sanitary Sewer Pipeline Improvement project will replace the existing 24-inch sewer pipeline with a larger 42-inch pipeline to reliably convey increased sewer flow along Virginia Beach Boulevard from North Lynnhaven Road to Great Neck Road. The work near the entrance to Chesopeian Colony will begin this Sunday night primarily between the hours of 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. The work in this area is expected to take approximately one week.
- The contractor will be installing a new city sewer force main that will convey flow across Virginia Beach Boulevard to the new 42-inch pipeline that was recently installed.
- In order to accomplish the crossing of Virginia Beach Boulevard, two of the westbound lanes on Virginia Beach Boulevard will be closed at a time. When the work is completed, the pavement will be restored, and all lanes will be open for traffic
- During the work, the turn lane that provides access to/from Chesopeian Trail to/from eastbound Virginia Beach Boulevard will be closed. Detour signage will be in place.
- As the contractor works towards the entrance to Chesopeian Colony, they will be installing a lane shift in the neighborhood entrance to safely maneuver neighborhood traffic around the work area.
- All disturbed areas including landscaped areas in the neighborhood entrance will be restored to existing conditions or better.
While our project team works diligently to minimize impacts, you may notice increased noise, traffic, crews, and heavy equipment (with back-up safety alarms) associated with construction. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your safety, do not enter the site.
Due to the nature of construction, work is weather and situation dependent and dates are subject to change. For updates, please visit the project’s website page, www.hrsd.com/virginia-beach-blvd-pipeline-and-pinetree-ps
Thank you for your support of this effort to help achieve HRSD's vision:
Future generations will inherit clean waterways and be able to keep them clean.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact: