--Work to Begin--
HRSD, your regional wastewater treatment utility, is undertaking a project to repair an underground sanitary sewer pipe along Dovercourt Road between Chesapeake Boulevard and Ardmore Road. This work should take place primarily between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Due to the nature of construction, work is weather and situation dependent, and dates are subject to change.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Beginning approximately on July 22, HRSD’s contractor will begin work.
- When possible, this work will be between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to minimize impacts during construction.
- Sewage that flows to the HRSD Pumping Station on Dovercourt Road from Chesapeake Boulevard and Ardmore Road will temporarily be pumped along Dovercourt Road via bypass pipes.
- The HRSD inspector will notify and coordinate with homes along Dovercourt Road if access to driveways will be impacted.
- This work is expected to be completed within 1-2 weeks.
- This work should not affect your water or sewer services.
This project will use Cured-In-Place-Pipe (CIPP) to improve the reliability of the pipe with a strong liner inserted into the pipe being repaired and cured with heated specialty resins. During the installation process, you may notice a plastic, chemical odor from the resins in the liner that is installed into the sewer. This odor will quickly dissipate once the installation process is complete.
While our project team works diligently to minimize impacts, you may notice increased noise, traffic, and heavy equipment (with back-up safety alarms) associated with construction. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your safety, do not enter the site.
Thank you for your support of this effort to help achieve HRSD's vision:
Future generations will inherit clean waterways and be able to keep them clean.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact: