HRSD, your regional wastewater treatment is undertaking a project to transfer the flow from an aging sanitary sewer pipeline in the Diamond Springs Road area of Virginia Beach to a nearby HRSD sewer pipeline. Once the transfer of flow is complete, the aging sanitary sewer pipeline will be filled with cementitious material and inline valves and related components will be constructed to provide additional isolation of the nearby existing pipeline system in case of any emergencies.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The ramp from southbound Diamond Springs Road to westbound Northampton Boulevard will be closed for utility work.
- This work is planned to take place during two weekends. This includes February 26th, 27th and 28st and March 5th, 6th, and 7th.
- Be aware, traffic control measures and detours will be in place.
- Access to your business will be maintained during construction.
- This work should not affect your water or sewer services and is weather and situation dependent.
While our project team works diligently to minimize impacts, you may notice increased noise, traffic, and the use of heavy equipment (with back-up safety alarms) associated with construction. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your safety, do not enter the site.
Due to the nature of construction, work is weather and situation dependent and dates are subject to change. Please visit the project’s website page, www.hrsd.com/diamond-springs-sewer-replacement for updates.
Thank you for your support of this effort to help achieve HRSD's vision:
Future generations will inherit clean waterways and be able to keep them clean.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact:
Cell (757) 687-9513