--Temporary Shutdown of City’s Scenic Pier and Overlook --
HRSD, your regional wastewater treatment utility, will begin work to install modifications to the City’s scenic pier and overlook access. This work should take place primarily between the hours of 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- Beginning as early as August 8th, demolition of structures and installation of a new access to the City’s scenic pier and overlook will begin on HRSD and City property.
- This work will take place during daytime hours and predominately on HRSD’s property. To maintain safety, a temporary shutdown of public access to the City’s pier and overlook is required.
- Be aware, during this period of construction, the City’s scenic pier and overlook access will be shutdown. Traffic control measures will be in place.
- This work should not affect your water or sewer services.
- This portion of the work is anticipated to be completed in 3-4 weeks. Work is weather and situation dependent and may require additional time.
- After completion of this work, there will be a new location/route for public access to the City’s existing pier and overlook access. A map is provided on the back of this notice.
While our project team works diligently to minimize impacts, you may notice increased noise, traffic, and the use of heavy equipment (with back-up safety alarms) associated with construction. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your safety, do not enter the site.
Due to the nature of construction, work is weather and situation dependent and dates are subject to change. For more information, please visit the project’s web page, www.hrsd.com/james-river-tp-swift-improvements
Thank you for your support of this effort to help achieve HRSD's vision:
Future generations will inherit clean waterways and be able to keep them clean.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact: