-- Local detour along Eureka Avenue continues --
HRSD, your regional wastewater treatment utility, continues work in your area. The Virginia Beach Boulevard Sanitary Sewer Pipeline Improvement project will replace the existing 24-inch sewer pipeline with a larger 42-inch pipeline to reliably move increased sewer flow along Virginia Beach Boulevard from North Lynnhaven Road to Great Neck Road. The work in your area should take place primarily between the hours of 7 a.m. and 8 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- The tunneling operation under Virginia Beach Boulevard near Eureka Avenue to install the pipe “casing” is complete, and the contractor will now string the new 42-in sewer pipe through the casing.
- The contractor will also install sewer pipe between the “tunneled pipe” and Haven Road. When that work is complete, the detour will be modified to:
- 1) Open Eureka Avenue north of Haven Road
- 2) Close Eureka Avenue south of Haven Road while the remaining portion of the 42-in pipeline is constructed via an open trench method.
- At all times between now and through the completion of the work along Eureka Avenue, residents will be able to enter/leave the neighborhood either via the northern route (Virginia Beach Boulevard) or the southern route (Southern Boulevard).
- Detailed signage and barriers will be in place to direct traffic. The detour shift is expected to occur in October and all work along Eureka is expected to be complete by the end of the calendar year.
While our project team works diligently to minimize impacts, you may notice increased noise, traffic, crews, and heavy equipment (with back-up safety alarms) associated with construction. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your safety, do not enter the site.
Due to the nature of construction, work is weather and situation dependent and dates are subject to change. For updates, please visit the project’s website page, www.hrsd.com/virginia-beach-blvd-pipeline-and-pinetree-ps
Thank you for your support of this effort to help achieve HRSD's vision:
Future generations will inherit clean waterways and be able to keep them clean.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact: