--Work to Begin--
HRSD, your regional wastewater treatment utility, is undertaking a project to repair an underground sanitary sewer pipe along McNeal Avenue (south of E. Princess Anne Road). This work should take place primarily between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Due to the nature of construction, work is weather and situation dependent, and dates are subject to change.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Beginning August 19th, HRSD’s contractor will begin work.
- Repairs to existing laterals serving residential homes along McNeal Avenue
will be performed within the City Right of Way.
- The inspector on site will notify residents 48 hours in advance of any water and/or sewer service disruption.
- Access to driveways along McNeal Avenue will be available at all times.
- When possible, this work will be between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to minimize impacts during construction.
- Work is expected to be completed within 2 weeks.
This project will use Cured-In-Place-Pipe (CIPP) to improve the reliability of the sanitary sewer pipe with a strong liner inserted into the pipe being repaired and cured with heated specialty resins. During the installation process, you may notice a plastic, chemical odor from the resins in the liner that is installed into the sewer. This odor will quickly dissipate once the installation process is complete.
While our project team works diligently to minimize impacts, you may notice increased noise, traffic, and the use of heavy equipment (with back-up safety alarms) associated with construction. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your safety, do not enter the site.
Thank you for your support of this effort to help achieve HRSD's vision:
Future generations will inherit clean waterways and be able to keep them clean.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact: