--KECOUGHTAN AND IVY HOME ROAD INTERSECTION WORK--
HRSD, your regional wastewater treatment utility, has completed work to installation approximately 1,000 linear feet of sanitary sewer pipelines connecting to and located along Kecoughtan Road from Ivy Home Road to Clyde Street.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The contractor will prepare the old pipeline, no longer being used, to be taken out of service by excavating a section of the pipe, then fill it with a cement–like material and safely leave it in place to minimize additional disruptions to the public.
- Location: the east side of Ivy Home Road off of Kecoughtan Road.
- No turns onto Ivy Home Road east bound will be allow during this work.
- A new detour will be in place to assist motorists navigating the construction.
- Kecoughtan Road will maintain open during this work.
- In an effort to complete this work as quickly as possible, work hours will be extended hours from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Once begun, this work is estimated to take 1 week to complete.
- Restoration efforts throughout the project area will commence immediately following.
While our project team works diligently to minimize impacts, you may notice increased noise, traffic and the crews and heavy equipment (with back-up safety alarms) associated with construction. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your safety, do not enter the site.
For additional information please visit the project’s website page.
Thank you for your support of this effort to help achieve HRSD’s vision:
Future generations will inherit clean waterways and are able to keep them clean.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact: