--Restoration Work to Begin--
HRSD, your regional wastewater treatment utility, has completed the installation of a new sanitary sewer pipeline located along Elm Avenue from South Street to County Street. As part of the project, the contractor also successfully redirected two City of Portsmouth facilities (Neighborhood Facility Recreation Center and Portsmouth Community Library Museum) from the existing water line to an adjacent newer water line.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- In the coming weeks, the contractor will begin site and paving restorations throughout the project’s work area.
- Traffic lanes may shift during this work but one lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained until work is completed and the roadway reopened.
- Additionally, the contractor will fill the old pipeline, no longer in service, with a cement-like material so the pipe can safely be left in place to avoid additional disruptions.
- There will be two areas of excavation to access the pipe and fill it.
- The contractor is waiting for available paving dates from the asphalt company but is anticipated to be completed in March.
- This work can be weather and situation dependent.
While our project team works diligently to minimize impacts, you may notice increased noise, traffic and the crews and heavy equipment associated with construction. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your safety, do not enter the site.
Thank you for your support of this effort to help achieve HRSD’s vision:
Future generations will inherit clean waterways and be able to keep them clean.
Please visit project page for additional information.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact: