--Construction to impact westbound Virginia Beach Boulevard travel in March--
HRSD, your regional wastewater treatment utility, continues work in your area. The Virginia Beach Boulevard Sanitary Sewer Pipeline Replacement project will replace the existing 24-inch sewer pipeline with a larger 42-inch pipeline to reliably move increased sewer flow along Virginia Beach Boulevard from North Lynnhaven Road to Great Neck Road. The work in your area will be primarily between the hours of 8 p.m. and 5 a.m., Sunday night to Friday morning.
- In March, the contractor will be performing a tunneling operation under Virginia Beach Boulevard which will require the construction of a “receiving pit” in the easternmost entrance at 2428 Virginia Beach Boulevard and the Armadillo Storage entrance along Virginia Beach Boulevard.
- Once the tunneling operation is completed, the contractor will begin installing the new pipeline between the “receiving pit” and Byrd Lane. Work will be performed in the outside westbound Virginia Beach Boulevard travel lane.
- The outermost westbound travel lane on Virginia Beach Boulevard will be closed 24/7 to allow the pipeline construction. The westbound travel lane next to that lane will be closed between the hours of 8 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Access to parcels adjacent to this travel lane will be maintained. The contractor will work directly with businesses to investigate ways to minimize construction impact if there is a need to temporarily block an entrance.
- The work between the “receiving pit” and Byrd Lane is expected to be completed by mid-April 2021. The overall project will continue to late 2021.
While our project team works diligently to minimize impacts, you may notice increased noise, traffic, crews, and heavy equipment (with back-up safety alarms) associated with construction. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your safety, do not enter the site.
Due to the nature of construction, work is weather and situation dependent and dates are subject to change. For updates, please visit the project’s website page, www.hrsd.com/virginia-beach-blvd-pipeline-and-pinetree-ps
Thank you for your support of this effort to help achieve HRSD's vision:
Future generations will inherit clean waterways and be able to keep them clean.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact: