--Emergency Repair Day Work Continues--
HRSD suffered a major line break of a primary force main on 16th Street in Newport News on Monday, January 4, 2021. The installation of the temporary bypass system is now complete, and the 24/7 “around the clock” work is no longer needed. Beginning in February, the installation of the permanent, below-ground pipe will begin with 2 crews working. One crew will begin work at Jeb’s Place and work toward Anderson Park, and one crew will begin work at Anderson Park and work toward Jeb’s Place. Work should take place primarily between the hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Beginning in February, permanent pipe installation work will begin in the vicinity of your home/business.
- This work will take place during daytime hours between 7a.m. - 5p.m between Jeb’s Place and Anderson Park.
- This work should not affect your water or sewer services.
- Please be aware and do not park in the work area.
- This portion of the work is anticipated to be completed in early Spring 2021.
While our project team works diligently to minimize impacts, you may notice increased noise, traffic, and the use of heavy equipment (with back-up safety alarms) associated with construction. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your safety, do not enter the site.
Due to the nature of construction, work is weather and situation-dependent, and dates are subject to change. For updates, please visit the project's website page, www.hrsd.com/15th-and-16th-streets-sewer-replacement
Thank you for your support of this effort to help achieve HRSD's vision:
Future generations will inherit clean waterways and be able to keep them clean.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact: