--Road Work to Begin--
HRSD, your regional wastewater treatment utility, on behalf of the Town of Onancock, will begin work to replace sidewalks and pavement on Jackson Street between Market Street and Kerr Street. This work should take place primarily between the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- In early June, sidewalk and pavement replacement work will begin in the vicinity of your home/business.
- This work will take place during daytime and predominately in the public right-of-way.
- Be aware, traffic patterns will shift and will include partial street closures. Traffic control measures and detours will be in place.
- On-street parking will be temporarily restricted. Signs stating this will be posted ahead of the work.
- This work should not affect your water or sewer services and is weather and situation dependent.
- The work is anticipated to be completed in 4-5 weeks.
While our project team works diligently to minimize impacts, you may notice increased noise, traffic, and the use of heavy equipment (with back-up safety alarms) associated with construction. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your safety, do not enter the site.
Due to the nature of construction, work is weather and situation dependent and dates are subject to change. Please visit the project’s webpage, www.hrsd.com/construction-status for updates.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact: