--Emergency Repair Day Work Continues--
HRSD suffered a major line break of a primary force main on 16th Street in Newport News in early 2021. Installation of the permanent pipeline along 16th Street has been completed, and restoration efforts including planting grass seed and landscape cleanup are underway. Removal of the emergency bypass pipeline from Monitor Merrimac Overlook Park to Anderson Park is anticipated to be completed in July as well. Work should take place primarily between the hours of 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday – Friday.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Permanent pipeline installation is complete. Removal of the temporary bypass system is nearing completion, and restoration efforts have begun.
- This work will take place during daytime hours between 7a.m. – 6p.m between Monitor Merrimac Overlook Park and Anderson Park.
- This work should not affect your water or sewer services.
- Please be aware and do not park in the work area.
- This portion of the work is anticipated to be completed in late July 2021 with seeding and restoration to be complete by late Summer 2021.
While our project team works diligently to minimize impacts, you may notice increased noise, traffic, and the use of heavy equipment (with back-up safety alarms) associated with construction. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your safety, do not enter the site.
Due to the nature of construction, work is weather and situation dependent and dates are subject to change. For more information, please visit the project’s web page, www.hrsd.com/15th-and-16th-streets-sewer-replacement
Thank you for your support of this effort to help achieve HRSD's vision:
Future generations will inherit clean waterways and be able to keep them clean.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact: