-24/7 “around the clock” work to begin-
HRSD suffered a major line break of a primary force main on 16th Street in Newport News on Monday, January 4, 2021. Emergency repair work is currently underway to repair the pipe. In order to aid in the repair, temporary bypass piping and pumping will be installed along 16th Street between Jeb’s Place and Monitor Merrimac Overlook Park. The installation of this temporary bypass system will require 24/7 “around the clock” work through the month of January.
- Work is currently underway to repair the pipe.
- Around the clock work to set up the bypass system will occur throughout the month of January 2021.
- More information about temporary bypass systems and what to expect can be found on the back of this notice.
- One bus stop on Garden Lane may be inconvenienced for one day during the installation process. The bus schedule should not be affected.
- During this installation process, there will be no parking available on the south side of 16th Street between Jeb’s Place and Anderson Park.
- Traffic control will continue, and access to neighborhoods will remain open.
- The Anderson Park entrance will be closed while this repair takes place.
Updates on the repair will be posted to the Newsroom on HRSD.com as well as NextDoor.
Updates and notices will also be posted to the project web page:
You may sign up to receive an email notification when the web page is updated by subscribing at www.hrsd.com/subscriptions
We thank you for your patience and understanding while we work to make these repairs.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact: