--South Military Hwy Eastbound Lane Closure--
HRSD, your regional wastewater treatment utility, is working on a project to install a sanitary sewer pipeline along Canal Drive between the intersections of Norfolk Southern Railroad and South Military Highway. While installing sanitary sewer pipe in an eastbound lane on South Military Highway, a temporary lane closure is needed. Traffic control will be in place to alert motorists to the lane closure.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- During the week of October 26th, sewer construction work will begin on South Military Highway, and a temporary lane closure of an eastbound lane will occur in the area.
- South Military Highway eastbound will be reduced to one lane at this time.
- At least one access to businesses will be provided.
- This work should not affect your water or sewer service and is weather and situation dependent.
- This portion of the work is anticipated to be completed in approximately 1-2-3 weeks.
While our project team works diligently to minimize impacts, you may notice increased noise, traffic, crews, and heavy equipment (with back-up safety alarms) associated with construction. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your safety, do not enter the site.
Due to the nature of construction, work is weather and situation dependent and dates are subject to change. Please visit the project's website page, www.hrsd.com/canal-drive for updates.
Thank you for your support of this effort to help achieve HRSD's vision:
Future generations will inherit clean waterways and be able to keep them clean.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact:
Phil Hubbard, PE