Canal Drive Sanitary Sewer Pipeline Replacement
--Canal Drive Closure & Detour--
HRSD, your regional wastewater treatment utility, is working on a project to install a sanitary sewer pipeline along Canal Drive between the intersections of Norfolk Southern Railroad and South Military Highway. While excavating in Canal Drive near the Norfolk Southern Railroad, a temporary road closure is needed, and a detour will be put in place to allow local traffic to pass around.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- During the week of November 30th, excavation work will occur on Canal Drive on both sides of the Norfolk Southern Railroad, and a temporary road closure will occur on Canal Drive.
- A signed detour will be provided for motorists to bypass the road closure.
- Local residents will have access to the North side of the Railroad via South Military Highway & Canal Drive. Local residents will have access to the South side of the Railroad via either Shell Road & South Military Highway or Shell Road & N. George Washington Highway.
- This work should not affect your water or sewer service and is weather and situation dependent.
- This portion of the work is anticipated to be completed in approximately 3-4 Weeks.
While our project team works diligently to minimize impacts, you may notice increased noise, traffic, crews, and heavy equipment (with back-up safety alarms) associated with construction. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your safety, do not enter the site.
Due to the nature of construction, work is weather and situation dependent and dates are subject to change. Please visit the project's website page, www.hrsd.com/canal-drive for updates.
Thank you for your support of this effort to help achieve HRSD's vision:
Future generations will inherit clean waterways and be able to keep them clean.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact:
Phil Hubbard, PE