--Canal Drive Night Work to Occur--
HRSD, your regional wastewater treatment utility, is working on a project to install a sanitary sewer pipeline along Canal Drive between the intersections of Norfolk Southern Railroad and South Military Highway. During construction in Canal Drive near the Norfolk Southern Railroad, there will be brief periods of work to occur after normal working hours. There will be approximately 2-3 days with night work.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- During the week of December 7th , 2-3 Days of Night Work is anticipated. Crews will be installing a liner in the sewer pipe. Once the lining process has started, it must continue until complete, so work will continue after dark.
- Lights and equipment will be used during later hours of the night. Noise and light exposure best practice methods will be used to reduce residential impacts.
- During the week of December 14th, water service for some residents will be interrupted for one night while a water line is replaced. The effected residents will receive a separate notice regarding this work and water service interruption. The sewer service should not be affected.
- This work is weather and situation dependent.
- This portion of the work is anticipated to be completed approximately 2-3 nights.
While our project team works diligently to minimize impacts, you may notice increased noise, traffic, crews, and heavy equipment (with back-up safety alarms) associated with construction. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your safety, do not enter the site.
Due to the nature of construction, work is weather and situation dependent and dates are subject to change. Please visit the project's website page, www.hrsd.com/canal-drive for updates.
Thank you for your support of this effort to help achieve HRSD's vision:
Future generations will inherit clean waterways and be able to keep them clean.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact:
Phil Hubbard, PE