--Short-Term Turn Lane Closures & Flagging Operations--
HRSD, your regional wastewater treatment utility, has completed the pipeline installation on Canal Drive. Due to extended rain in the month of February, this work originally scheduled in February will now occur in March. The remaining work will include milling and overlaying to prepare the roads for final paving. This work will occur along: Canal Drive between the intersections of Shell Road and South Military Highway, Baugher Avenue at the intersection of South Military Highway, and Butler Street at the intersection of South Military Highway. During the work, there will short-term lane closures and turn lane closures.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Beginning approximately March 3rd, work will begin.
- A single lane closure of the feeder lane on the north side of South Military Highway and a single lane closure of the feeder lane on South Military Highway (near Canal Drive) will occur. Flagging will be in place to direct motorists around the work.
- The right turn lane on southbound Shell Road to Canal Drive will be closed. The left turn lane on northbound Canal Drive to South Military Highway will be closed.
- The right turn lane on southbound Shell Road to Canal Drive will be closed.
- Flagging operations will occur at the intersection of Butler Street & South Military Highway
- A shoulder and lane closure will occur on eastbound South Military Highway between Baugher Avenue and Canal Drive.
- Signage will be in place to alert motorists to the flagging operation
- No detours are anticipated during this work.
- This should not affect your water or sewer services and is weather and situation dependent.
- This portion of the work is anticipated to be completed approximately 1 week.
While our project team works diligently to minimize impacts, you may notice increased noise, traffic, crews, and heavy equipment (with back-up safety alarms) associated with construction. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your safety, do not enter the site.
Due to the nature of construction, work is weather and situation dependent and dates are subject to change. Please visit the project's website page, www.hrsd.com/canal-drive for updates.
Thank you for your support of this effort to help achieve HRSD's vision:
Future generations will inherit clean waterways and be able to keep them clean.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact:
Phil Hubbard, PE