--Pipe Installation Work to Begin--
HRSD, your regional wastewater treatment utility, is undertaking a project to construct a system of sewer pipes and pumping stations to convey wastewater flows from the Towns of Nassawadox and Exmore, and existing sewer customers in Accomac County to the Onancock Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP). This system will provide for improved wastewater treatment for the Towns of Nassawadox and Exmore and improve sanitary sewer service reliability to existing customers of Accomac County. Pipe installation is scheduled to begin in the vicinity of your home/business this week. This work should take place primarily between the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- In the upcoming weeks, sewer pipe installation work will begin in the vicinity of your home/business along Wharton Road to Front Street in Accomac.
- This work will take place during daytime and predominately in the public right-of-way.
- Be aware, traffic patterns will shift and will include single lane closures. Traffic control measures and signage will be in place. Local traffic will have access to their homes/businesses.
- On-street parking will be temporarily restricted. Signs stating this will be posted ahead of the work.
- This work should not affect your water or sewer services.
- This work is anticipated to be completed in 3-5 weeks. Due to the nature of construction, work is weather and situation dependent and dates are subject to change.
While our project team works diligently to minimize impacts, you may notice increased noise, traffic, crews, and heavy equipment (with back-up safety alarms) associated with construction. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your safety, do not enter the site.
Please visit the project’s webpage for more information:
Thank you for your support of this effort to help achieve HRSD's vision:
Our communities will have clean waterways and reliable water resources for generations to come.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact: