--Pipe Installation to Begin--
HRSD, your regional wastewater treatment utility, is working on a project to install a sanitary sewer pipeline along Canal Drive between the intersections of Shell Road and Norfolk Southern Railroad. This work should take place primarily between the hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday – Friday and reduced hours on Saturday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pipe installation along the East side of Canal Drive between Shell Road and Norfolk Southern Railroad will occur in the upcoming weeks.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Beginning the week of August 17th, pipeline construction work will begin in the vicinity of your home/business.
- This work will take place during daytime hours and predominately along Canal Drive between the intersection of Shell Road and Norfolk Southern Railroad.
- Be aware, traffic patterns will shift and will include temporary, partial lane closures. Traffic control measures and flaggers will be in place to direct motorists around the work.
- This work should not affect your water or sewer services and is weather and situation dependent.
- This portion of the work is anticipated to be completed in approximately 4-6 Weeks.
While our project team works diligently to minimize impacts, you may notice increased noise, traffic, crews, and heavy equipment (with back-up safety alarms) associated with construction. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your safety, do not enter the site.
Due to the nature of construction, work is weather and situation dependent and dates are subject to change. Please visit the project’s website page, www.hrsd.com/canal-drive-sanitary-sewer-pipeline-replacement for updates.
Thank you for your support of this effort to help achieve HRSD's vision:
Future generations will inherit clean waterways and be able to keep them clean.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact:
Phil Hubbard, PE