--Iowa Street Road Closure & Detour--
HRSD, your regional wastewater treatment utility, is working on a project to install a sanitary sewer pipeline along Canal Drive between the intersections of Norfolk Southern Railroad and South Military Highway. While installing pipeline across Iowa Street at Canal Drive, a temporary road closure is needed, and a detour will be put in place to allow local traffic to pass through.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Beginning approximately October 7th, pipeline construction work will cross Iowa Street, and a temporary road closure will occur at the intersection of Iowa Street and Canal Drive.
- A signed detour will be provided for motorists to bypass the road closure.
- Local residents will have access to Iowa Street via Oklahoma Drive.
- This work should not affect your water or sewer services and is weather and situation dependent.
- This portion of the work is anticipated to be completed in approximately 1-2 Weeks.
While our project team works diligently to minimize impacts, you may notice increased noise, traffic, crews, and heavy equipment (with back-up safety alarms) associated with construction. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your safety, do not enter the site.
Due to the nature of construction, work is weather and situation dependent and dates are subject to change. Please visit the project's website page, www.hrsd.com/canal-drive for updates.
Thank you for your support of this effort to help achieve HRSD's vision:
Future generations will inherit clean waterways and be able to keep them clean.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact: