--Sewer Pipe Installation Work to Begin--
HRSD, your regional wastewater treatment utility, is undertaking a project to construct a system of sewer pipes and pumping stations to convey wastewater flows from the Town of Wachapreague to the Onancock Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP). This system will provide for improved wastewater treatment for the town and improve sanitary sewer service reliability to existing customers of Accomack County. This work should take place primarily between the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- In the upcoming weeks, sewer pipe installation work will begin in the vicinity of your home/business along Wachapreague Road, Custis Street, Main Street, Brooklyn Avenue, High Street, Ice Plant Road, and Atlantic Avenue.
- This work will take place during daytime hours and predominately in the public right-of-way.
- Be aware, traffic patterns will shift and will include partial street closures. Traffic control measures, signage, and detours will be in place. Local traffic will have access to their homes.
- On-street parking will be temporarily restricted. Signs stating this will be posted ahead of the work.
- This work should not affect your water or sewer services.
- This work in Wachapreague is anticipated to be completed in late spring 2024. Due to the nature of construction, work is weather and situation dependent and dates are subject to change.
While our project team works diligently to minimize impacts, you may notice increased noise, traffic, crews, and heavy equipment (with back-up safety alarms) associated with construction. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your safety, do not enter the site.
Visit the project’s webpage for more information or to sign up for project updates: www.hrsd.com/eastern-shore-sewer-infrastructure-improvements
Thank you for your support of this effort to help achieve HRSD's vision:
Our communities will have clean waterways and reliable water resources for generations to come.
Should you have any questions or comments, you may contact: